august book haul
august book haul
my August 2014 reads!
So as I stated in the recording, I was tagged by the wonderful bookphile and I tag: ivorysorrows, bookprince, thehollowbastiontheradiantgarden, theeverlastingword, tied-together-with-a-bow and adventuresonpaper. Of course, you don’t have to do it, and I’m also sorry if you’ve been tagged already. Also, you’re supposed to tag 10 people, but oh well.
Basically record yourself saying these things and then tag 10 people.
1. Your name and username.
2. Where you’re from.
3. Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminum, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.
4. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
5. What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
6. What do you call gym shoes?
7. What do you call your grandparents?
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
9. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
10. Choose a book and read a passage from it.
11. Do you think you have an accent?
12. Be a wizard or a vampire?
13. Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
14. End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.
September Book Photo Challenge | Day 2 | Whatcha Reading?
The Paris Wife by Paula McClain - it moves unbelievable slow but I’m gonna power through it.
People, especially parents of the children I grew up with, ask me if I think it’s weird that I’ll be starting college at 20 and the answer is always no. I know so many people who went straight into it and have no idea what they want to do, so they just pick something and end up hating it. (Not that it happens to everyone, but I’ve seen it a lot.) And when I graduated high school, I still wan’t 100% sure with what I wanted to do or what I was REALLY interested in, and now I am sure. So now, I can focus all my energy into doing something I am confident about doing and there’s nothing wrong that nor is it weird.
It’s here! It’s here!
Books that i read this week (2/2)
I can already feel a book hangover dragging me down.
September Book Photo Challenge | Day 1 | Introduce Yourself
My name is April and I look like this. I’m 19 and I like books and pretty dresses. Oh, and my taste in music is wild. Starting Fall 2k15, I’ll be attending college - double majoring in journalism and film. Oh, and I’m fueled by Naked Juice. I don’t think I’m very interesting, so I’ll stop now.
I dont think instagram book bloggers are using the platform to its full potential
I mean, does anyone use the video feature to do quick 15 second reviews? (The limit is 15 seconds right??)
Speed reviews. Think about it.